Chicken Salad– my Aunt Donna makes the most delicious chicken salad; her recipe is a guaranteed win!
- 4-5 skinless boneless breast
- Dark grapes
- 1-2 apples
- Seasoning salt or Borsari
- Large croissants
In pressure cooker, cook chicken in water with a couple stalks of celery, some chopped onion and one carrot.
After chicken is cooked, let cool and cut into cubes or shred.
Chop up about
- 4 stalks celery
- 1 to 1 ½ apples
- 3-4 cups grapes (cut into fourths)
- 1-2 cups chopped walnuts
Mix everything together in a bowl and add
- Mayo to liking
- 3 tablespoons dill
- Seasoning salt (we like Borsari found at health food store)
Mix, pile onto a delicious croissant and enjoy!
Cajun Chicken Pasta ~ my sister-in-law, Shaula made this for us after our third child was born and it was an instant favorite!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into thin strips or use chicken tender strips.
- 4 tsp Cajun seasoning—Tony’s
- 4 Tbsp butter-real
- 1 bell pepper- chopped
- 6-8 large mushrooms- chopped or sliced
- 4 green onions- chopped
- 4 cups heavy cream-heavy whipping
- *1/2 tsp dry basil
- *1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- *1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 box linguine cooked, drained
- Grated parmesan cheese
Place chicken & Cajun seasoning in bowl & toss to coat in large skillet over med heat.
Sautee chicken & butter until almost tender (5-7 min).
Add peppers, mushrooms, onions. Cook & stir 2-3 min reduce heat.
Add cream & seasoning & heat thru.
Toss together w/ pasta & sprinkle parmesan.
*I go a little heavy on these seasonings.
**I like to prepare this dish ahead of time. Let cool and refrigerate. Reheat on stove-top before serving. Even if you don’t have time to refrigerate, it will set up on it’s own as it cools.
a.k.a. Caden’s “awful wasomes” – a little tongue tied for awesome waffles
2 eggs 1/2 cup vegeatable oil 1 3/4 cups milk 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 cups flour 4 teaspoons baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt
beat eggs, add oil, sugar, milk (optional add teaspoon vanilla)
separate bowl- combine flour, baking powder and salt
add by spoon flour mixture to egg batter; beat well
pull out that waffle iron and pour in the batter for a delightful breakfast
some in our family like peanut butter and syrup, others keep it simple with just butter and syrup; sometimes we even add strawberries, whipped cream and maybe even some powdered sugar! Indulgence for the morning!
Banana Nut Bread
1 Stick Butter 2 Cups Flour 1 egg 1 Cup Sugar 1 tsp vanilla 1 tsp baking soda
3-4 ripe bananas Pecans- chopped as desired
- Melt butter in large pan
- Add egg & sugar- stir well
- Sift in flour & soda
- Stir until all flour is mixed in
- Mash bananas, mix in vanilla and pecans
- Add to mix
- Bake in greased loaf pan for 1 hour at 300