DO YOU GET THE DISNEY DINING PLAN?
All inclusive is AMAZING!!! We have traveled to Disney, and other places, and have paid for the “package deal” so to speak. But before joining the Disney Vacation Club in 2005, we calculated what we actually wanted out of our dining experience versus what we got for the money. We found that we really didn’t want as much food as was available to us in our dining plan. Now we simply price the dining plan and then budget that amount into our trip. It’s an extra step to keep track of, but after 9 years of Disney vacationing as club members, we’ve yet to actually spend the entire amount.
Keep your eyes open for promotions on FREE DINING if staying at a WDW Resort. They used to offer this in September. Of course, if they were offering FREE DINING then SIGN UP!
If you are a Disney Vacation Club member, be sure to ask if you get a DVC Member Discount and have your member card.
Either way– enjoy as many Mickey waffles as you can!
***** Our Favorite WDW Places to Eat *****
typically we try to book one character breakfast and one nice normal dinner OR we may do a character experience for lunch and just grab something light for lunch and dinner– all depending on availability. one thing that’s for sure: we utilize character dining. gone are the hassles of standing in line with camera and signature book. character dining provides the opportunity for memorable encounters as the characters come to each table to “visit,” take pics, and sign autographs.
don’t let young diners deter you from experiencing the finer Disney dining experiences. when you call to make your reservation, you’ll give them the ages of the children in your party; therefore you can rest assured if the kiddos are welcome or not. we have noticed there seems to be different dining areas for those tables with children, so no worries if your little one squeals with delight or tosses a french fry off the table. with that being said, we felt it was the perfect opportunity to teach and train, because so many others are there with their kids too. and, they offer a kids menu options, if you have a selective eater in your group.
the * indicates our most favorite restaurants. Cinderella’s Royal Buffet, Chef Mickey’s and the new Be Our Guest restaurant book up fast. dining reservations can be made 180 days before the date of your arrival. if you want to eat at the most popular restaurants, be sure to call on that 180 day mark. remember that Disney World Dining is on the east coast, so you may need to make accommodations for the difference in the time zone. the goal? be on the line when they open! (407) 939-3463 (7am EST) as a side note, dining can be arranged so conveniently on the My Disney Experience App, but don’t leave these few to the App– talk to a cast member.
- Magic Kingdom
- *Crystal Palace— Winnie the Pooh Characters and one of our favorite buffets; OR ask if they are serving lunch the time of year you will be there– it’s so good too!
- *Cinderella’s Royal Buffet— Cinderella and other Princesses— they’ve really improved the food here, but regardless of the food, we continue to return because… it’s IN the castle– what can get more magical than that?
- WORK IT IN–
- grab hot dogs at Casey’s Corner and munch on those in your parade spot or check your park guide to see what times the pianist is playing and you can listen while you eat
- Tony’s Town Square
- Be Our Guest– this is also a breakfast option too. Seating is available in three different rooms; The Ballroom, The Rose Gallery or The West Wing. In 2014 we had dinner in the Rose Gallery, then in 2015 we had dinner in the West Wing. The Beast makes an appearance during dinner then retires to the library for photos after dinner if you choose.
- Animal Kingdom
- Donald’s Dining Safari at Tusker House– Mickey, Goofy, Daisy, Minnie and of course, Donald
- Hollywood Studios
- Grand Floridian
- *1900 Park Fare Breakfast— they serve a character dinner too— we first went for breakfast in 2015 and most definitely one of our favorites! The Mad Hatter is hysterical, Mary Poppins of course, is practically perfect in every way, and Alice, and Tigger were there
- Contemporary Resort
- *Chef Mickey’s – who’s the leader of the club that’s made for you and me? You’ll enjoy a wonderful breakfast with Mickey and his pals and have fun while you munch!